We believe that it is our responsibility to protect information entrusted to us by our customers, by visitors to our website and by people who have provided their email addresses in order to receive our newsletter. In the context of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018, rules have been drawn up to protect your personal data. This “Personal Data Policy” describes how we handle your data, also in the context of this regulation.
Which of your data is being kept?
If you have placed an order on our website, we will store the following information:
* Name, address, postcode, place of residence, delivery address, email address, phone number
* Purchase data (via our website)
* Activities on www.simplyrooibos.com (such as preferences, opening of pages and clicking)
During all visits to our website, so-called “cookies” are being created which register your preferences and surfing behaviour. These cookies are stored on your own computer and not registered on our servers, nor are they linked by us to your personal data. You can manage cookies yourself on your own computer (see What rights do I have with regard to my data? below).
Why is my data stored and for what purpose is it used?
We use your personal and purchase data:
1) If you have placed an order: to process your order as quickly and easily as possible.
2) To inform you about activities in our shop, to make offers and to develop (general) web statistics
3) Occasionally, to contact you by email with a possible request to participate in market research to improve our products and services.
Will my data be made available to third parties? Will it be stored elsewhere?
Your data will not be made available to third parties, with the exception of the following cases:
1) The processing of an order is sometimes carried out by a third party, i.e. our delivery partner who will need access to your data.
2) The sending of newsletters by email is carried out by a third party, who stores the email addresses in a controlled manner and takes care of the sending of our newsletters.
3) To compile statistics, we use external parties to compile aggregated anonymised sales analyses.
4) On the basis of legal or fiscal requirements
With all third parties with whom your data is shared we have concluded Data processing agreements in the context of Article 28 of GDPR. The data is stored in the central databases of Simply Rooibos.
What rights do I have in relation to my data and what can I do to change it?
You have the right to inspect, modify and delete your personal data, and to restrict or object to the processing by third parties, as defined in Article 12 and 13 of the GDPR.
You can send a request for access to your personal data to email@example.com and it will be answered within the statutory period as outlined in the GDPR. At your request, we will remove your personal data from our files, provided that you have complied with your (payment) obligations and there is no conflict with the legal obligation to retain them. you can unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time without consequences.
Our website uses “cookies” to register how often visitors visit www.simplyrooibos.com, via which links this happen and which preferences its visitors have. Cookies are small files that are downloaded by your computer when you visit www.simplyrooibos.ocm. You can set your own browser to give a notification before a website sends a cookie to your computer and whether or not you accept it. You can also set your computer so that no cookies are accepted or stored.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
How is my data being protected against unauthorized use by third parties?
The system behind our website is designed to monitor activities. In this way, we can prevent unauthorized actions and protect personal information. This website further uses the standard SSL certificate encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
For how long will my data be kept?
Your purchase data will be kept for as long as necessary on the basis of legal and fiscal requirements. If you unsubscribe, your personal data will be kept for seven years, unless you request that the data be deleted immediately after unsubscribing.
Simply Rooibos respects the privacy of our customers and visitors to its website and ensures that your data is treated confidentially. Any changes to and/or changes to the website may lead to changes in this privacy statement. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis.